The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Expansion (NOT Re-Branding) of Poor and Gluten Free



 Ladies and gentlemen! 

I'd like to make an announcement. 
Poor and Gluten Free will be going under an overhaul over the next few months. 
Your host has decided that she'd like to share more of her life with you than just her weekly meal plan, her kitchen concoctions, and her research about weird food allergies. 

Fear not. 
This will not interrupt your weekly scheduled programming. 
Recipes, meal plans, and blog parties will continue as usual.


 All kidding aside, lately I've been re-assessing my vision for Poor and Gluten Free. Which is to say, I'm finally assessing - for the first time - my vision for this blog. 

Let me tell you about it (using pictures!):


 When I first began Poor and Gluten Free, it was for the purpose of sharing my research on my own weird food allergies, as well as a place to keep track of recipes and such. 


I didn't have a vision or a plan in mind. I still don't really, to be honest. But I do know that there are things on my mind other than food and allergies these days. And I know that I'd like to consolidate some of those things in one place. 


See, given the content of my blog I imagine most of you probably think I spend my days doing something like this:

And that I travel a lot and do this: 


I can't fault you for that last one at all, since I recently wrote a post on eating gluten free in Italy!


 But the truth is that I spend the vast majority of my time looking something like this: 

 
The wine is shockingly accurate...

And sometimes, when I'm really, really lucky, I get to spend my free time doing this: 



You see, writing has been a part of my life from the time I was about five years old (see more in the updated About P&GF Page for my prophetic childhood story writing ;p ).  I'm doing a lot more of it these days than I used to. 


My Writing: 

Other than the three cookbooks I've written in the last couple of years, last year I published my first novel, In the Court of Kemet.  

The second and third books in that series are due out this fall. I have two - three more planned in that series as well. After that, I have a Medieval romance series planned. I also have a series of Allergy-Free Romances planned. So you see, there's a lot of writing taking place.

I'd like to share more of my writing process with you, and keep everything together in one place. But it didn't make sense to start a whole new blog, or to re-brand P&GF, because at this point in time I don't know just how much I'll be sharing about writing. 




What does this mean for you, my lovely readers?

At the moment, not much really. 

I LOVE this blog. I love all my readers, and all of the people I've connected with over the years since I began Poor and Gluten Free. I'll admit I'm proud of what I've done on this site and I still love the name and purpose of this blog. So I see no reason to re-brand, change sites, re-direct you all, and hopefully, there will be no reason to lose any of you in the upcoming changes, either.  

And I'm going to continue sharing my recipes regularly and networking with all of you just as I have been for over three years now.
I just wanted to give you a heads up why the header is changing, and why the About Me section will be a bit different. I'm going to take it as it comes, but from time to time I'd like to share recipes related to my novels, and pictures that inspired them (you can already see some of these over on My Publishing House's Website

I'd like to network more with other writers, and have P&GF serve as my home base to do that from. 

For the most part, I don't have a lot of time to do any more blogging than I already am. So for the time being, you shouldn't see too many changes. I consider any changes to just be add-ons to what P & GF already does. I'd like to share more of that part of my life with you, on top of what I already share.


And most importantly:

 You won't get spam. I hate spam. I won't send you spam. I'm not that kind of girl, and I hope I never will be. 

I will, however, be switching email systems in the next couple of months, so if you are an email subscriber please bear with me while I make the shift over to Mailchimp at some point in the near future. It will, hopefully, be glitch free.





So there you have it. The process should be relatively painless and changes will be slow and simple.

Thank you all for being such wonderful people and I hope you'll stick around and consider reading the writing posts as well as the food and allergy ones!  :) 







2 comments:

  1. Congrats on you new vision Danielle! Lol I have no vision for mine other than recipes...
    I wish you well in all of your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi! It's not so much a vision as a hazy notion of wanting to do a little something more. I'll figure it out along the way ;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...